Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Caylee's Law

I am not huge on passing on certain things. I am also not a huge facebooker or twitter. Actually, I deactivated my Facebook account after Jeremiah's loss. But here is something I feel strongly about. It is called Caylee's Law it is a petition to start a law in the name of the little girl who went missing and her mother failed to report it. Unfortunately, the mother was found not guilty of her murder but if a law like the one that is being proposed is signed into federal law, parents who do not report their child missing within 24 hours will be charged with a felony. Personally if M went missing for 31 seconds I would go crazy let alone 31 days. You definitely won't find me getting a tattoo about my "beautiful life" or dancing on a stripper pole. (Sorry- I can't help it.) If you want to read more and sign the petition please go here.

Hope everyone is doing well. Hugs!

3 comments:

Caroline said...

I signed it and I so agree. If my kids were missing I would be right on it. It's sad I'm so broken about all this.

Darcey said...

Signed!!! It absolutely disgusts me, this whole thing!!!

Hillary said...

I'm signing it!

I'm with you... I hardly let my 2 kiddo's out of my sight much less just ignore the fact that they "drowned in my parents swimming pool", then waited 31 days while I "looked for them myself", then told police that "an imaginary nanny stole them", then went back on my story again and remembered that "oh wait, I fogot this whole time they died in my parents swimming pool and I burried them myself in a vacant lot."

(sorry for my rant, I'm still really bitter about the whole thing...)

Post a Comment