Sunday, January 16, 2011

Disney's Up

I first want to say thank you to Mary for telling me how to make a separate page for Jeremiah's name collection. I worked on it this morning and am so pleased at how it looks.

I watched the movie Up for the first time today with M. I absolutely loved it. If you haven't seen it, I highly recommend it. One part of the movie especially touched me. There is one part of the movie where they want to have children, they work on a nursery and then the next shot is of the female character in a doctors office crying, she then sits in her yard crying and her husband comes and comforts her. Its not really explained whether they had a loss or whether they couldn't have children. I really liked the way Disney portrayed this, for it to be recognized and brought up made me happy. People don't really realize what it's like to 1- not be able to get pregnant  or 2- what it's like to have a loss. It is literally like hitting a brick wall in life and in order to keep going, you have to find a way around this awful brick wall in your life. In this movie they portray how this couple did this during their time together, they focused on the new adventure.  So here I go starting today- I am focused on my new adventure and staying positive about it!!

2 comments:

KnottedFingers said...

Thanks for the review. I'm so glad that Disney has tackled infertility/loss in such a way. I will definitely check it out!

Melissa said...

I have some pictures for Jeremiah's name gallery. Send me an email at inmemoryoflaken@hotmail.com and I'll send them your way.

Post a Comment