This week has been okay so far. I have had a couple of hiccups here and there. These hiccups could have turned into full blown bouts of grief if I would have focused on them and let them overwhelm me. While reflecting on how I overcame these feelings-one common thread kept coming up- STRENGTH. I had the strength to look beyond it and look at the beauty of life itself. I realized that one of the ways I have gained strength was through blogging. People who have never walked our path would not understand....I am glad I have this outlet. I feel like blogging has saved my life, my soul, my sanity. After losing Jeremiah, I would constantly wonder am I normal, am I depressed, what's wrong with how I am feeling etc. Then I found this community and I quickly realized I was not alone- THANK GOODNESS!
So to celebrate strength I decided to host 3 giveaways. Why 3? I don't know....it sounded great to me. Today I will post the first, I will post the next one on Sunday and the third on Wednesday- Jeremiah's 9 month angel day. I will post the winners on my Saturday happy list on April 16th.
Here's what you have to do:
1- You have to be a follower on this blog.
2-Comment on how you have found strength on your baby loss journey.
Now Here's What I am giving away!!
Something that has helped in my journey has been the book "Knocked Up...Knocked Down" I blogged about it here. It is a humorous spin on something so horrible but it also helped to know I was not alone. So for the first giveaway I will be giving out a copy of this book.

Good Luck to you all!
























13 comments:
Sorry about my slow commenting this week :( Love that you're feeling stronger and finding the beauty of life itself. You're an amazing mum and an inspiration. Love your give-away idea but won't 'enter' b/c of the postage cost to Australia. Want to let you know I'm thinking of you xoxo
Sorry to put this pressure on you, but as I told you before, I found so much strength in you! Thank you again for all that you do and have done for me.
I too credit alot of my 'strength' to the blogging community! I don't know where I would be in my struggles with grief, if I hadn't found such a wonderful group of women who are unfortunetly walking the same path that I am! Everyday I'm thankful for the ability to turn on my computer, and read, laugh, and cry with these other Mamas.. It has been like you said... a lifesaver!
I found strength through BLM blogging community, support groups, talk talk talk about them, and through using my girl's story to bring hope to others.
I hate to look like a copy-cat, but I have also found strength in blogging and therefore hooking up with all of the wonderful BLMs I have met! I can't think of another single thing that has helped me as much (other than my daughter). Previous to my blogging, I was told I needed meds, needed more help, etc. I was beginning to believe it until I read all of you other BLMs were experiencing the same emotions as me. I wasn't crazy after all! And now I'm not alone anymore, either! Love all of you so much!!!
This is beautiful!! I have found strength in a few things: my husband & my family, and staying connected to BLM whether it's blogging or in person. Keeping up with our support group, volunteering and River's Rally have really kept me going when times are at their worst. I have gained so much inspiration from this online community. I feel like I know you all, and your babies are part of my family. This is a great giveaway and would be wonderful for our support group! Hugs!!
Thank you for your comment on my blog! It sounds like you have great strength. I too have found blogging as an outlet to the sanity of my life. My husband doesn't understand it, but I don't expect him or anyone else to. I'm thankful for my blogger friends! Sometimes it feels like they're all I have.
I'm not sure that I have personally found strength yet. I think that I've found strength in blogs and people like yourself. You remind me that I'm not alone and that I can get through this.
Hopefully a better person because of it. I feel that I owe that to my myself, my family and my dear Alexander.
Thanks for thinking of us and sharing. The giveaway is a bonus.
I totally agree that without the BLM blogging community- I would be lost. I don't know anyone that has lost a child and can truly understand. To me, talking to a counselor didn't help. But reading what other people have to say and how they feel. Makes me feel normal (in a situation that is in NO WAY normal). I also love knowing that my Ellie is up in Heaven with so many other amazing, beautiful angels. It gives me such peace. I feel like our angels made sure all of us mommies found each other so we could help each other get through this.
So thank you for your support and your words!
I love your strength giveaways!!! Such a great idea and something we all need!
You all give me strength- I have to agree with the other ladies. You guys are the only ones who understand my crazy moments and love me anyway! I feel like I have so many sisters out there that get it.
It also gives me strength to think of Aiden in heaven with a lot of our dear loved ones. I always picture him with Nygel's grandfather or with one of your little angels playing on the beach. I love that image!
Thank you so much for doing this giveaway! That book looks really interesting! I have to add it to my book list.
Hugs mama!
I love that you call your giveaway a "strength" one! Blogging has definitely helped me gain strength through Alexandra's loss. I'm really not sure where I would be without it! It's something that has shown that I'm not alone and everything I feel is completely normal. What would we do without it? Thanks for hosting these giveaways! Many many hugs to you! xo
I have found my strength through the stories of the other BLMs that I have met through this journey. I hate that we have all found ourselves here, but I am so grateful to not be alone.
I have found strength in God and I believe He lead me to the blogging world. It helps me to know there are others (sadly) who understand how I feel. Other BLMs have helped me tremendously.
Thank you for having these giveaways!
Post a Comment