Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Strength Giveaway #3

 Today marks 9 months since we loss our sweet Jeremiah. I knew it was coming but for some reason I did not realize it until I got to work and wrote the date on testing security logs. Once I realized it my heart sank. I started to think about what these last 9 months had brought me. I also thought about the 28 weeks I carried him. I can barely get through this without tears coming out but I definitely miss him today and the fact that it just "hit me" unexpectedly makes it just a bit more difficult! I also got a call from the AMEND coordinator letting me know she has more items for Jeremiah's Boxes HOORAY! but in that same message let me know 3 more boxes were given away. That is news I really could have done without. I guess it adds on to some of the sadness I feel today. It hardly looks like I would be doing a strength giveaway, I know I have to muster up the strength to keep going for so many reasons and I know Jeremiah is looking down and smiling at me today. I know he misses me just as much as I do him.Days like this make it difficult to say the least but I am getting through it.

Thank you so much for those of you that have entered the last two giveaways. I can say I have loved reading your comments. They are definitely uplifting. If you have not entered the last two giveaways please do, it's still not to late. I will be picking the winners at random on Saturday at 12 noon standard eastern time. I know another thing that has brought me strength through this journey is my "armour". I knew immediately when I loss Jeremiah, that I wanted something to wear that would help me remember Jeremiah. My mom got me a charm of a little boys silhouette and on the back it has Jeremiah's name and date. My husband got me a charm in the shape of an angel with little diamonds on it. I love them both but on Jeremiah's due date I decided I wanted something more permanent. On his due date, I went and got a tattoo of his footprint and name on my inner wrist. I picked something simple. I wanted his foot somewhere I could see it all the time. I regret that I never got to kiss his little feet and that is why I wanted it there. People will ask about it so it's a great way to bring him up and acknowledge he was/is here. I have always wanted something with all my kids names on it and birthstone but my problem is that I am allergic to the nickel in jewelery so it tends to get expensive and hard to find something nice.
Now here is what I am giving away....I am giving away a $25.00 gift certificate to Forever My Child.

If you would like to win it...here's what you can do.
1- Become a follower
2- Comment on what armour you wear in honor of your baby and why it's important to you. 

One more thing...more butterflies are on their way. I also teamed up with Melissa, Laken's amazing mom and am sending butterflies along with the bears she is sending. I know that for Jeremiah's boxes they use the butterflies on the new BLM door to alert hospital staff before they walk in yelling "Congratulations!" I hope they can be used and helpful for someone else's memory boxes.  

Good Luck to all of you and happy Wednesday!

10 comments:

Jen said...

Thinking of you today! I were a ring everyday that has Ryan's birthstone. It is nothing fancy but it is my constant reminder that he is always with me!

Unknown said...

9 months...thinking about you today, momma. I love your tattoo! I will be getting one soon of Addie's butterfly prints. My armour comes from My Forever Child in the for of a necklace and bracelet. What a great idea to give a gift certificate. (Oh, I'm not entering, just commenting this time! Give some other BLMs a chance to buy a piece of Sue's jewelry!) Hugs to you today!

Molly said...

Well, I am obsessed with my "armour". It not only makes me feel good to wear something that represents Hayes at all times, but it helps start conversations about him. I love that. Here is a blog post link I recently did about it(easier that taking up a ton of room on your comment section, haha!).

http://everythingebach.blogspot.com/2011/04/my-armor.html

Molly said...

BTW, meant to comment about the date. I will certainly be thinking of you today because today also marks 8 months since Hayes died. I hate that we are both sad today but if this day must exist, I am glad we share it at least. Hugs!

michelle hs said...

my armour is a dragonfly ring. people often comment on it and if i feel up to it i can tell them about xavier. even if i don't feel up to it i can share the dragonfly story with them.

i also have a diamond ring with a matching necklace that reminds me of all of my babies...both living and living forevermore already.

thinking of you and your precious jeremiah today!

Mattie said...

I wear Shyla's footprints and a handprint charm for Jakin from MFC. I also have two different dragonfly charms and a handstamped heart that says, "I carry your heart with me..."

Big (((hugs))) to you today

Deanna said...

beautiful, Raquel!! I have a tattoo I got immediately after River passed away. I always wanted to get our birth flowers tattooed when I started my family, so I have 2 violets for B and I and a daisy for River. I need to add the daffodil for little brother now. It's on my shoulder and I see the daisy every day.

I also have a ring, and 2 necklaces that I swap out. Thank you for these giveaways, remembering your sweet Jeremiah always. Praying you have peace today, knowing that your little fella has touched so many lives. ((Hugs))

Shauna said...

Happy 9 Month Angel B-day Jeremiah. I wear a necklace that has a butterfly inside a heart. Janessa means God's Precious Butterfly so this helps me remember her and that she is always in my heart. I also have a couple of other necklaces that I trade off wearing one is an angel with her birthstone and the other is a butterfly with the words Treasure yesterday, Dream of Tomorrow, but Live for Today. (HUGS)

Natasha said...

Thinking of you and praying for you guys.....hugs mama.

I have lots of armor! My Aiden bracelet and my I am with you always bracelet. My Aiden ring (his birthstone). My silver cross necklace. They all remind me of him and make me feel like I can face the world.

Remembering Jeremiah with you........

Sarita Boyette said...

Thinking of you as you are missing Jeremiah for 9 months.
I have a lovely necklace I won on a blog giveaway and it is made by another BLM, Tina. Tina is the mother of Sophia & Ellie, twin girls who were born too soon. I also have some bracelets made of beads with roses on them. They are special to me as they were made by a friend.

Post a Comment