Sunday, March 20, 2011

Small Miracles Blog Hop # 2



I was going to skip this blog hop this month because I really thought I covered everything in my happy list. But this morning when I heard "Hellloooooo...." on my baby monitor, I quickly realized I have a small miracle at home whom I adore and kiss on all the time. I really miss Jeremiah, I really love him, and I still don't quite understand why he is gone. However, I have to remember that all my babies are miracles. Here physically or not.

I think back four years ago when I did not think having children was ever going to be possible for me. I thought Jose and I were destined to be just "Jose and Raquel". On January 6, 2008 everything changed, I found out I was pregnant for the first time-M's pregnancy was a suprising one. When he was born in July I realized what life really meant. I always knew that I wanted my kids to be close in age so I knew a sibling was something I wanted for him. My brother and I are 8 years apart and our relationship got better after M was born, unfortunately when Jeremiah passed away he was there for the first month but I know the mention of Jeremiah makes him nervous. Last March, I found out about Jeremiah. I was happy my kids would be close. Once he died in July I realized how fragile life is....

I guess I feel like I am rambling but my point is my miracles small or big are my kids. M has been my light through this whole ordeal and the thought of my rainbow brings me hope. Jeremiah brings faith.

I saw this bible verse in M's bible after Jeremiah passed away- "I will turn your sadness to gladness."- Jeremiah 31:13     I believe it!

6 comments:

DandelionBreeze said...

Our toddler is our little miracle too... so lovely to hear their little voice :) xoxo

Holly said...

Our children are our miracles!!

Unknown said...

Children are miracles...its wonderful to hear someone appreciate their children. So often children go unnoticed. Loved, yes, but not truly appreciated. You, Raquel are one momma who cherishes her children and that is so refreshing. Love to you!

TanaLee Davis said...

I can't relate to this yet but family is defiantly a miracle. Thank you for sharing your thoughts.
~Felicia

Molly said...

They do help brighten even the darkest days, don't they?? :) BTW, I've been out of town, but I returned home last night to find my butterfly!!! Thank you so much! I love it! The poem is very touching.

Mary said...

Children always seem to bring a smile to everyone. They are little miracles <3

Post a Comment