Saturday, February 5, 2011

Jeremiah's Garden---well kind of...

Ok...so today one of my best friends came over with her two year old daughter Z. She is amazing! I really love my friend. We were both pregnant for the first time together. I was pregnant with M when she was pregnant with Z. The babies have been together since then...they have been buddies since uttero. I was excited to show her all the things I have gotten already for Jeremiah's boxes. While I showed her everything, I told her something I have never shared with anyone before.....When I first gave birth to M, people sent gifts, we had millions of phone calls,etc were ever so preset for the first month or so after he was born. With Jeremiah, there was nothing. It was like no one acknowledged his birth. I felt like because he was born asleep, he was not important enough to the world to be recognized and that really bothers me to this day. The silence after he was born is still deafening even almost 7 months later.

Anyhow....this post is about Jeremiah's garden. I am going to be honest, I am not the best gardener. Personally getting my hands dirty with dirt freaks me out (Really I am not the prissy type so people think it's funny). But I still wanted something at home besides the area on our entertainment center in our family room to remember Jeremiah by....so after talking to my husband here is what we came up with...



I really like it and think it's fitting for our family and our lifestyle. I do plan on painting the benches in the colors we use in his memory and writing his name on them. I also need to get better with keeping up with the flags. =0)

2 comments:

Melissa said...

So beautiful!

Mommy of Danny and Stevy said...

I LOVE Jeremiah's Memory Garden. It looks beautiful! Job well done! <3

Post a Comment