Friday, February 18, 2011

Hope

I really love to read other mommies blogs and I also enjoy getting to know everyone in the wonderful BL community. I saw this on another mommy's blog and thought it was a great idea. Franchesca from small bird studio's started the blog hop. Every month there will be a new topic, this month it's about hope.



The question is-

What small {or big!} miracles have brought you hope lately? I hope you'll share a piece of your journey by joining the blog hop :)

This is a really loaded question. I have gotten lots of pieces of hope lately. I am great at making lists so it seems fitting to write it that way.

1- Jeremiah's Boxes- The amount of support I have gotten on this project brings me hope. Not only because I feel like I am doing something in his memory but to see that people who have been there from the beginning are still there and supporting his memory make me happy. It also brings the hope that he will always be remembered.

2- I know this may sound weird but little reminders from him on a daily basis bring me hope. I really feel like he sends me messages in his own special way. The little frogs I see around my house (not inside...) that started showing up after his passing, the signs in the clouds he sends, even songs that come on the radio at precisely the right time that remind me of him just when I need it....all brings me hope that he is having a great time in heaven with all his angel friends and he misses us as well. It also gives me hope that I will get to kiss and hug him again one day!

3- M and the idea of a rainbow baby bring me hope. Every time I see M smile and hear him laugh it fills my heart. It sends me a message that even though my world has been rocked in the last 7 months good things are still surrounding me and I must embrace them. The idea of having another baby when I see a rainbow or read another mommy's blog that they successfully welcomed a healthy baby after their loss gives me the confidence that I can do this too!

4- I have hope in God. I know he has a plan for me and my future. Although I may not fully understand his plan, I have hope that it will be a good one.


6 comments:

DandelionBreeze said...

Jeremiah's Boxes is such a lovely idea... when we were in hospital, we didn't know what to think or do - and having a little outfit knitted by volunteers that our angel could wear made such a difference to us. Those boxes will be treasured by any babyloss parent - great work xoxo

My New Normal said...

I love that you gain comfort from frogs. Thanks for sharing. Found you through the blog hop and I'm your newest follower.

Crazy Life of a Writing Mom said...

Reminders bring me hope too. You're awesome!

http://ecwrites.blogspot.com/2011/01/zeke-strength-of-god.html

Natasha said...

I definitely understand feeling like your baby is sending you messages...giving you hope :) I feel like that about my Aiden too! Thanks for sharing!

xx

Mary said...

Hi Raquel I just found your blog through the blog hop at Small Bird Studio. I'm so sorry for your loss. Jeremiahs boxes is such a beautiful idea :)

Alissa said...

I love this post. You have so many things that bring you hope for good things. Just reading this has given me a different outlook on what I can/could hope for in the future. I love the idea of the frog that is around your house. That's precious. ((hugs))

Post a Comment