I am thinking that retailers here in my area have forgotten that there is a holiday in between Halloween and Christmas. It's called Thanksgiving. I have been trying unsuccessfully, for the last 3 weeks to find a turkey for my little turkey's special space. This was frustrating me quite a bit. I decided that since Thanksgiving is around the corner and I may not find a turkey in time I would pull out my November teacher tub and see if I had one in there that I could take to him. (I keep all of my school decorations, worksheets, projects, books for each month or theme in a tub-It was an obsession at one point to have it all together and organized). I pulled out the tub that I had not opened since Dec. 2007, with hopes of finding a turkey well I found more than I ever thought I would. In Nov of 2007 I made turkey shirts with my kindergartners for our friendship feast. As I opened the tub, I noticed that one of my little ones did not take their shirt with them after the feast. I opened up the shirt and saw the cute little hand print in the front. I looked to see whose shirt it belonged to and to my surprise it said
"Jeremiah". My heart dropped with a sense of both sadness and happiness. About ten minutes later I went to the mailbox and found these.
Needless to say I felt some happiness in my heart. I hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving with some peace in their heart.

























2 comments:
Isn't it amazing the coincidences that seem to show up since losing our little one's? Thinking of you as we approach another holiday :)
Wow, that is amazing! <3
Post a Comment