Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Worry Wart

I have been having a hard day today. Worry occupies my mind. I totally miss Jeremiah but am also hating the fact that I have to be so such a different mom this time around. When M was born I worried, but this time it is different I worry with V so much. I know the reality of losing a baby and the thought of it happening again gives me nausea. I take nothing for granted with her. I give her and M extra kisses, I make sure that I tell them I love them. I check on both of them continuously. I guess the hard part about the whole situation is I also don't want to be a helicopter parent and hover over them without giving them a chance to explore the world on their own. It is such a fine line it's hard not to cross it but also be cautious and guard them.

I read this on another BLM blog today and it did make me feel better.....

"This is the beginning of a new day.  You have been given this day to use as you will.  You can waste it or use it for good.  What you do today is important because you are exchanging a day of your life for it. When tomorrow comes, this day will be gone forever; in its place is something that you have left behind...let it be something good."
-Author Unknown

4 comments:

Ashley said...

What a great quote. I don't think the worrying will ever stop, I still check on ALL my kid's when they are sleeping (even my 9 year old!).

Caroline said...

Beautiful quote.
I know I worry about all my kids. I'm forever checking on them. Life will never be the same I just try hard to think positive. {{{HUGS}}}

Darcey said...

You will find balance just give it time...she is still new and I am sure I will be (hoping to be) in your shoes in 6 months. It is completely normal :)

I love the quote!!!!

Mommy of Danny and Stevy said...

My Dear Sweet Raquel,
I wrote a post or two on my blog about you, then I hopped on over to say hello and read what's going on in your world. This is a beautiful quote. Thank you! I wrote about your kind heart in my blog. I wanted to share this with you because I thought it might help pick you up the way you once picked me up. The posts are the ones about Danny's Toybox. Only an angel can have an angel for mother! God bless you & your family!
Love <3 Franki
P.S. I'm working on a button. Grabbed yours! :-)

Post a Comment