Okay so for Memorial Day, the family went to Disney World. We have gone once before after losing Jeremiah, but it was very difficult to find something that would not get ruined by the weather nor get stolen. So after lots of thinking and thinking, I thought a mickey shaped antenna cover would be great! I was so excited. I had my husband to buy some small dowel rods so I can put it next to Jeremiah's marker. Last Sunday June 12, on my husbands birthday we finally took it to the cemetery and placed it on his marker. I had posted before that because of the weather, physical limitations (I will blog about this soon), and M we have not been going as often. This past Sunday, Father's day, we went again to clean up his area and to just check on it and when we arrived I quickly noticed that his Mickey ears were gone. Furious, til this day I can't imagine why people do this. This is not the first time something was stolen off of his marker. You can read more here. It makes me angry. I really want to laminate the letter below and glue it on a dowel rod next to Jeremiah's marker for all to see. (It's not really going to happen. However, this is exactly how I feel.)
Dear Grave Robber-
Please know that this is our little boy who lays in this spot. It hurts us deeply to know that he is under this ground. We wish he were home with us. This is all we have left of him, the place where his body lies. Do you realize that we will NEVER get to see our little boy grow up. We will NEVER hear his voice or hear his laughter. We will NEVER be able to take him to his first day of school nor will we ever be able to watch him graduate from high school. We will NEVER get to see him get married nor will be have grandchildren from him. All we have is his memory and the little bit of items we can bring to him and call his- PLEASE leave them here for him. These items are for him. They were not intended for you or anyone else to take them. This is our "normal" life now. Please respect that and the items we bring for him.
Thank you!
The Calderon's
























13 comments:
That's INFURIATING! I can't believe someone would stoop as low as that!
It's so sad people have no repect for others. This upsets me so much. I had this happen at my Father's grave. It hurts.
Just so wrong- I cannot believe someone would be so disrespectful. That makes me so angry. I'm so sorry Raquel.
Geez! Awful! So sorry
I'm so sorry. The nerve of some people!! Ugh!!
Holy crap! I can not believe someone would do that! I'm sooo sorry you have to deal with this. And, BTW, I would so totally laminate that letter and leave it there....
I will never understand how someone can do this. I can't even imagine. It is so infuriating. Your letter is great, but I hate that there is any need to write it.
Sending you love.
Oh that makes me so mad!
I'm so so sorry. I hope that it's not someone stealing...
Have you checked with your cemetery? At our cemetery, it's against the policies to leave anything other than flowers at the grave. Therefore, every week when they clean up, they remove the items. I spoke to grounds keepers and they keep my items for me and I can pick them up in the office. I really want to believe it's not theft. :(
That is horrible to steal things from a grave. I'm sorry it happened to you. We have dealt with that also, and it is heartbreaking. I like the letter and think you should put it up. Thinking of you...xoxo.
Oh it makes me mad to hear of things stolen from babies' graves!!! GRRRRRR What kind of people do that?
I know my daughter Kyndra will take flowers and stuff from other graves when we visit but we ALWAYS make her put them back and tell her not to take things.
Thank you ladies for the comments. I am seriously thinking that I will place the note there.
Amy- It's not the ground keepers. I asked the first time when his frogs were taken and was told anything placed is the responsibility of the parents. Not very helpful.
Holly- my 2 year old does the same thing and I am just like you I make sure he puts stuff back.
Raquel I am so very sorry for your loss...I just found your blog through another BLM's blog and I almost fell off my chair when I saw a picture of your little angel's grave. My son Logan Gregory Lapointe is directly behind him (actually behind Isabella's grave) so maybe 2 rows directly behind him. We laid him to rest on Dec. 23. I have had several things taken off of Logan's grave as well and it breaks my heart. What a small world this BLM community is...
Post a Comment